Answered By: . Research Desk Last Updated: Jul 09, 2015 Views: 38
What you need is to create a header (or footer) and then tell your document not to use it on the first page. Here's how.
In your Word document:(based on Word 2007, adjust if you have different version)
- Go to the top menu: Insert and choose Page Number.
- Select the style you want (top, bottom, left, right, centered).
- You will see your page number appear.
At this point, you are in the Header & Footer Tools menu.
- In the menu bar, under Options, you will see a checkbox for Different First Page.
- Check this box and your first page will not have a page number (or whatever you put in the header or footer).
- Then click on Close Header and Footer.
You can use these steps to create a header or footer with any content that will display on all pages except page 1.