Answered By: Desk Librarian Last Updated: Jul 09, 2015 Views: 37
For Global Online Students or Distance Education Students:
To retrieve books:
Request items using HOLD/ITEM RETRIEVAL through PILOT: The Library's Catalog.
- Go to PILOT: The Library's Catalog
- Search for an item
- View the record display for the particular item
- Click on Hold/Item Retrieval Request link in the menu at the top of the screen
- Type in your CalCard number and last name, then click the Login button
- From the drop down menu select Item Retrieval Request, then click the OK button
- Enter your CalCardnumber—again (sorry!)
- If you are a Distance Learning Student: Make sure to type in the Comment field, something like: "I am a Distance Learning Student."
- Click the Submit Request button
On-Campus Users: The library will retrieve your book (or other item) from the shelves and have it available for you to pick up at the Circulation/Reserve Desk within 24 hours (48 hours on weekends).
Distance Learning Users: The library will mail your items to you.
- If you do not pick up your book in three (3) days, we will return it to the shelves.
- Don't confuse Item Retrieval Request Service with the Bookbag feature in PILOT. Bookbag simply saves your items for later viewing.
If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Sabo.
Global Online Students are not able to order books through E-Z Borrow or Interlibrary Loan.
To retrieve articles:
Global Online Students can access any database with their Cal U username and password. If you find an article, but it says we do not have access to it, you can use the Interlibrary Loan Form for Articles to request it.