Answered By: Desk Librarian Last Updated: Jul 09, 2015 Views: 15
You can use PILOT: The Library's Catalog to find books you want, then request them using the Item Retrieval link. We'll mail the books to you (full directions are included at the bottom of this message).
If you have any more questions about checking-out books or using the library's resources, please email back or call the Reference Desk at (724)938-4094.
Full directions for Global Online Students or Distance Education Students to retrieve books:
Request items using HOLD/ITEM RETRIEVAL through PILOT: The Library's Catalog.
- Go to PILOT: The Library's Catalog
- Search for an item
- View the record display for the particular item
- Click on Hold/Item Retrieval Request link in the menu at the top of the screen
- Type in your CalCard number (not your student ID number, the 16-digit number on the front of your CalCard) and last name, then click the Login button
- From the drop down menu select Item Retrieval Request, then click the OK button
- Enter your CalCard number again
- Type in the Comment field: "I am a Distance Learning Student."
- Click the Submit Request button