Answered By: . Research Desk
Last Updated: Jul 09, 2015     Views: 17

Hi Megan,


Thanks for the question! I’ve seen requirements like this before, and I think your instructor means a regular Web site that you would locate via a Google or another search engine. For example, if you were researching “ebola”, then I would consider a Centers for Disease Control Web site, such as, an "internet-based source". You should probably double check this with your instructor though, as that may not be his/her intent (there could be a requirement for example to use government or university sites, news web sites, etc). In general, when you're using "Internet-based sources" be sure to check the credentials of the source (ie., reputable organization and/or author)! I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I think this is the right idea.

Let us know if you have other questions!





Reference Desk Librarian on Duty

Louis L. Manderino Library | California University of PA

250 University Avenue | California, PA 15419

Phone: 724-938-4094 |

Related Topics

    Contact the Library


    Submit your question by email.

    Schedule an appointment with a librarian